We are looking forward to welcoming you to Hay Meadow Farm!
Please read the following information prior to your arrival. It explains measures that we have put in place to minimise the risk of coronorvirus transmission between guests and staff. It also provides guidance on what to do in the unfortunate event of contracting signs of the virus during your stay. To adhere to social distancing guidelines, this includes important and helpful information for your stay, including the facilities available, instructions on using appliances and information on fire prevention and what to do in the event of a fire. The information is also available on site in your accomodation.
Should you have any questions or comments please do get in touch with us, we will always try to be helpful.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Risk Management Statement
For Holiday Let Guests at Hay Meadow Farm. Updated July 2020
We want to ensure that you enjoy your stay with us to the full, assured that your health and safety is protected. In line with governement regulations we have reduced risk to the lowest reasonably practical level by taking the following preventative measures:
- Thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting all guest areas prior to reopening using an enhanced level of cleaning, details are available upon request.
- Providing antibacterial hand soap or sanitiser in all staff and guest areas, staff to wash hands regularly including before and after entering guest areas.
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces in sleeping accomodation units between guests vacating and new guests arriving, including a full checklist of hand contact surfaces.
- Guest keys to be cleaned between reservations and left in rooms for new guests to handle, so that social distancing is kept.
- In order to support NHS Test and Traceguest records are to be temporarily kept for 21 days following vacation of the premises, including a lead name for the group, couple or individual; contact phone number; arrival and departure dates and times.
- Social distancing measures to be adhered to at all times with the exception of the event of an emergency making such measures unsafe. Sanitation measures to be sought immediately afterwards where assistance to others has been provided.
- Please use the hand sanitiser or handwashing facilities on your entry to the premises and regularly throughout your stay.
- Please consider ventilating rooms and maintaining a high level of room cleanliness during your stay. A range of cleaning products are stored in the kitchen cupboard under the sink. A broom is provided for your use in the utility room.
- On vacating the accomodation, please leave windows open to ensure that there is no airborne virus in the property.
- For guests staying over a week:
- Clean sets of towels and bedding are stored in the cupboard in your bedroom. Please place dirty towels and linen into the plastic bags provided with the clean sets at the end of each week or as needed. Please place bags at the front door, we will collect these to be laundered.
- Please arrange a time with us during your stay for us to clean the holiday let for your comfort whilst you are out. Please leave windows open prior to our entry to ensure that there is no airborne virus in the accomodation.
- Please self isolate in your room and inform a member of staff immediately via telephone or email. Contact details are provided at the end of this article.
- Guests of the same party are also asked to self-isolate in their rooms.
- Arrangements for testing should then be sought.
- Following a positive test, guests are asked to travel to their own usual place of residence if they reasonable can. They are asked to use their own private transport where it is safe and possible to do so.
- Should this not be possible, individual circumstances are to be discussed with an appropriate health care professional.
- Next steps to be agreed with us on an individual basis in terms of meal and laundry provision, room cleanliness and any other individual needs.
Fire Safety Information
In the event of a fire:
- Raise the alarm by shouting ‘Fire!’
Please alert any guests in your room who may be hard of hearing.
- Emergency lighting is provided by hand held torches that are plugged into sockets in every room. These will turn on automatically through sensing movement btween dawn and dusk, in the event of a power cut or in being removed from their settings. Torches can easily be lifted from their setting in the event of an emergency (or a power cut).
- Leave the building by the nearest exit.
The back door is the nearest exit from the utility room.
The front door is the nearest exit from all other rooms.
Do not stop to collect personal belongings.
- Report to the Assembly Point: by the steps in the car park.
- Do not return to the building until authorised to do so.
- Do not take any risks.
- The appointed person will contact the emergency services and take a roll call.
Fire safety prevention:
Please keep both fire exits clear at all times.
Emergency lighting is provided by hand held torches that are plugged into sockets in every room. Please ensure that they are left in place except in the event of an emergency or a power cut. Please return them to their settings following use in the event of a power cut.
Please ensure that the gas cooker is turned off immediately after use.
Please remain in the kitchen whilst cooking.
Please remain present and alert at the premises when using the washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher.
Please turn off appliances at the socket when not in use, eg. hairdryers, TVs, radios.
Please check that appliances are switched off before retiring to bed.
Jane Godfrey is the appointed person for first aid arrangements including looking after equipment, facilities and calling the emergency services. Duncan Hamilton-Blythe is to cover this role in her absence.
- We would like to make our facilities and services as widely accessible as possible. We aim to do so within the parameters of what is reasonably practical.
- Due to the listing, age and layout of our guesthouse we regret that we are not sufficiently equipped to welcome guests to the thatched farmhouse whose level of mobility requires step free access. However, we are pleased that our new bed and breakfast has been designed to provide a room on the ground floor to cater for a much wider range of mobility.
- We ask that guests who are deaf or hard of hearing are accompanied in their bedroom by a guest with an uncompromised level of hearing, for the purposes of fire safety.
- Should you wish to visit us and you have any concerns or queries regarding this matter, please do get in touch.
- Should you require the information on these pages in another format, please inform us.
Facilities and Instructions on the use of Appliances
- First Aid Kit: A domestic first aid kit is provided in case you need to use it in a labelled box. Located in the kitchen on the long shelves.
- The kitchen is fully equipped for your use including cook ware, crockery and utensils. Tea facillities, condiments and herbs and spices are provided for your use. Containers are cleaned and disinfected between reservations.
- Cooking: The AGA is available for your use as well as the gas cooker. The gas cooker can be lit using the fire lighter stored in the clay pot next to the cooker. The AGA remains at a constant tempaerature which is to be adjusted by staff only. The hottest plate is on the left and provides a medium to high heat, the right is a medium to low heat. The top right oven is the hottest, the lower right is approximately a baking temperature whilst the top left door provides a warming heat.
- Dishwasher is available for your use. Large plates need to be stacked at an angle on the bottom shelf to fit, the cutlery tray needs to be placed on the bottom shelf. A single cycle requires one tablet inserted in the appropriate place on the door (tablets stored under the sink). Please remove filter at base between washes and clean to ensure a smooth working performance. To run: ensure the spinning arms move freely, add a tablet, turn on the power switch, select the cycle and run.
- Hot water and heating: the hot water is on a constant supply. Should you require heating during your stay, the control panel is located in the utility room, next to the cupboard. It can be set using a timer or boosted in hourly segments.
- Washing facilities: A new washing machine will shortly be provided, we regret that there has been a delay in delivery. We are able to provide a laundry service in the interim should you require one. Please place laundry into a plastic bag and seal and place at the front door in the morning. We will launder your clothes and return them the same day.
- Fires: We regret that the two log burning fires are not to be used at this time, this will be revised at the end of the summer. We apologise for any inconveneience this may cause.
- Hair dryers can be found in the top drawers of your bedroom.
- Ironing facilities: An ironing board and iron are provided for your use in the utility room.
- Additional bed/Cot provision: A comfortable, double sofa bed is available in the Buttercup Room. Should you require use of the sofa bed or the use of a cot, please inform us in advance so let we can set this up for your arrival.
- Entertainment: DVDs are provided for your use, shelved on the landing at the top of the stairs. Please leave any that you use in your bedroom so that they can be cleaned after your use. Unfortunately we are not able to provide our usual books and games for your use due to the coronovirus lingering on paper surfaces so please bring your own at this time.
- Local attractions: our website lists some of the many wonderful attractions that we are fortunate to be surrounded by. We are currently creating a list of which local attractions are presently open to the public for your information.
Should you have any questions, queries or comments during your stay please do not hesitate to contact us via email or phone or in person as shown upon arrival, we will do our best to be helpful. We look forward to welcoming you to Hay Meadow Farm and wish you a delightful and enjoyable stay.
Jane and Duncan
Tel: 01409 211527